Advocating for Victims of Injuries
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Many injuries have lasting impacts whether from a slip and fall, or a catastrophic motor vehicle accident, and what seem like minor injuries can turn out to have long term effects that impact your earning capacity. If you decide to seek damages for your injuries, the compensation you could be awarded may include amounts to cover the following:
- Medical treatment
- Income including both past and future earnings
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Punitive damages in the case of gross negligence
After you experience an accident or injury, if possible take detailed notes about what happened because you may need them when you bring a claim for personal injury. Write down everything about your injuries and how they affect your daily life. Preserve any evidence that you can and take photos to document your evidence. See a medical professional about your injuries and receive copies of your medical records. Finally, send written notice of the accident and your injuries to anyone who may be responsible.
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim generally begins when you are injured or discover the injury. If you are unsure of your legal options, it is important to seek the advice of a dedicated Delaware County personal injury lawyer who can provide counsel.
Insurance Companies Are Not On Your Side
Insurance companies and employers are not always helpful in the aftermath of an auto accident. Our clients often have problems with wages from work, medical billing and property damage claims. We resolve these issues for our clients so they can focus on getting better and resuming their normal lives.
We have handled cases that involve all types of injuries from auto accidents, including permanent and catastrophic injuries that lead to lost earning capacity and lost quality of life. Our goal is to use our 40 plus years of experience to fight for maximum compensation, especially when insurance companies treat you unfairly.
Where We Can Help
We provide skilled legal representation in the following areas:
- Auto accidents – Statistics show that the accident rate is rising with more motorists on the road than ever before. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and aggressive driving are common causes of car accidents.
- Catastrophic injury – Whether it is a motor vehicle accident, work accident, or assault, if you have been permanently disabled, our team of experts will make sure your current and future needs are addressed.
- Defective products – Our Delaware product liability lawyers are experienced in bringing claims against manufacturers, corporations, and distributors of defective consumer products.
- Medical malpractice – We handle all types of medical malpractice claims including birth injury, failure to diagnose cancer or serious illness, failure to identify and treat heart attack, stroke or blood clots, surgery mistakes, medication and lab errors, and failure to disclosure important information about a disease or treatment.
- Slip and Fall accidents – Property owners, whether private or commercial, have an obligation to keep their premises safe and free of hazards. Slip and fall accidents that result in head or spine injuries can be very serious with lasting damage and costly medical treatment.
- Wrongful death – Mr. Malady is dedicated to holding responsible parties accountable for a preventable death and recovering compensation for the surviving family members. We investigate claims for fatal accidents involving drowning, electrocution, suffocation, or violence in which another person or entity is responsible.